For a couple of months now, I've hopped on Instagram Stories every Sunday to share five of my favorite things. It started out as a one time thing, then a weekly thing, and now if I don't do it, there's a little audience that makes sure I don't miss the next week.
If you love Five Things, and want to get on the newsletter, you can sign up here. I promise I make good e-mails.
Below are links and descriptions. Some of these are affiliate links, which means I get a little kickback when you use the link to buy something. But you can always find your own way to Amazon, and then I won't get the 3 cents, which is fine too. Enjoy!
- The Hate U Give - This book is poignant. It gives incredible perspective to the racial tensions we experience in this current cultural moment. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me think.
- The Road Back to You - I get annoyed with the obsession with personality typing, however, I have found researching Enneagram typing to actually be really fruitful. I'm a 7w8, which means I get stuff done, have a hard time focusing, avoid endings, and have a great time doing it.
- The Narcissism Epidemic
- The Jesus Storybook Bible - Listen. Just trust me on this one. If you want to cry about how much God loves his children, just read the first 15 pages of this children's bible.
- Everybody Always
- Force of Nature
- Disruptive Witness
- Hannah Coulter
- Brandi Carlile's New Album
- "Molly" - Lil Dickey
- "Come Over" - Kenny Chesney - this is my favorite song, possibly of all time. It's on almost every playlist I've ever made except my worship playlist.
- "Survivor" - 2Wei
- "Sad Lisa" - Cat Stevens
- "Money" - Mat Kearney
- Verb Hair Mask
- Glossier Face Wash - Can't speak highly enough of basically every Glossier product. But their facewash. Oh this facewash. It's simply the best.
- Invisibobble Hairbands
- This Mattress - I seriously LOVE this mattress, and so does every one else. It has the perfect amount of firmness, and doesn't smell weird.
- Doterra Essential Oils
- Ten Foot long iPhone charging cord
- Aeropress coffee system
- Thayer's Witch Hazel - I use this as a toner on my face, but it also miraculously healed a wart on my finger. This is a 5 Things All Star!
- Cloth hangers
- Coola Radical Recovery After Sun Lotion
- Ninja Blender
- Battery Powered Fly Swatters - go from "ugh there's a fly" to "ooooo there's a fly"
- Verb Ghost Oil
- This Pillow
- Black and Decker Handheld Vacuum - This is a game changer. So easy to use, so effective. I live in an apartment with girls with long hair that ends up everywhere. Trust me.
- Target brand no-show socks
- ABLE Clutch
- ABLE Shoes
- Stitchfix- Ok, to be honest, I haven't had the best luck with Stitchfix. But the pieces I have kept I LOVE. And they have a pretty good referral program, so here we are.
- Dip Manicures - I am a lifetime nail biter/tearer, dip looks amazing and last a long time. Super worth the extra dollars.
- Change Siri to have a New Zealand Accent
- Buy enough wash clothes that you can use a fresh one every time you wash your face
- Buy new towels
- Artifact Uprising for Instagram prints
- Being liberal with unfollowing people on Instagram
- The Enneagram Personality test
- Spray tans
- Daily contacts - I know they seem wasteful, but my eye doctor has assured me they're not, and there's few things better than a fresh pair of contacts every day.
- Put your emergency contacts on your iPhone
- Bake all cookies at 350 degrees
- Dry Brush Exfoliating
- Get TSA Precheck
People to follow on Instagram
- Be There in Five - Kate of the "RemindDoor Mat" fame gives you all the inside scoop on celebrity news, career advice, and small business know-how. It's like being in a one-sided conversation with the cool girl from high school that's actually really nice.
- The Popcast - All time Favorite Podcast. SO entertaining, genuinely makes me more culturally savvy.
- FiveThirtyEight Politics Podcast
- All Night Movie Review
- Slow Burn
- A Very Fatal Murder - If you've ever listened to a true crime podcast. This one is perfect.
- Garden Variety Newsletter
- The Real Estate section of The New York Times
- TV show: Splitting Up Together
- Leslie Knope explaining the tunnel vision girls get sometimes
- Two Cathedrals episode of West Wing
- Cats and Cucumbers on Youtube
- Num-Lock Newsletter
- This article about boxing and hit men